Wed in London - City Wedding Blog

Thursday 17 November 2011

Wedding Planning Update

I thought it was about time I did an update on where we are with our wedding planning. After visiting our favourite venue a couple of weeks ago we've now got a few catering quotes. I thought researching and choosing the venue would be the hardest part but oh no! I am currently knee deep in prices per head. And I have a little confession to make...until last week I'd never heard of the word caterhire (oh the shame!).

The caterers I have spoken to have been really lovely but they're asked a lot of questions, most of which I haven't been able to answer. What style of food do we want? Should it fit into the overall theme? What is the theme of the day? Eeeek, its all a bit overwhelming!

And thats before we even get to the canapes. How long do we want our drinks reception to last for? How much time are we allowing for photographs? How many canapes per guest? Three? Five? Seven apparently if they are hungry buggers! And then theres the meal. Do we have a type of food in mind? Would we prefer individual starters or a sharing plate? Chicken, beef, pork, salmon or duck for main course? What is the veggie option? AHHHHH!!!! I know the caterers need this information in order to give us an accurate quote, but this is all a bit too specific for me at the moment!


In an attempt to save my sanity we've arranged a meet with one of the caterers soon when we'll get to sample some of their food, yum yum! In the meantime I've found myself a 16 month wedding checklist and am working my way through it. Next job on the list - get wedding insurance.


                                                                         Source

No comments:

Post a Comment