Wed in London - City Wedding Blog

Monday 14 November 2011

Rings

Since getting a frosty reception from the man in a well known jeweller when I enquired about getting my engagement ring valued for insurance purposes, I've vowed not to step foot in that shop ever again! So now the plan is to buy our wedding rings from a small and independent jeweller. In my search for something different I've come across these unique rings on Etsy. I have my concerns about buying a ring online as I'm worried about not being able to try it on before I buy. What if it doesn't suit my engagement ring? Hmmm, maybe I just need to take a leap of faith on this one!

Here are some of my favourite.

I absolutely love this handmade 14k white gold ring. It has a hammered effect which catches the light beautifully and is also available in Palladium and Platinum.
Wedding Ring, 14k White Gold Ring, Stackable Band, Hammered Artisan Metalwork Jewelry, Handmade, 14k, 1mm
                                                available here


Another beautiful find was this 14k white gold and diamond leaf ring which could be used as either an engagement or wedding ring. This is also available in platinum.

14k white gold  leaf engagement or wedding ring.
                                           Available here


If you are after an unusual take on matching his 'n hers rings then check out these crater texture silver rings, also available in gold and palladium. I love the crater-like recesses in these rings and the fact that each ring is completely unique as the texture is create by hand-carving.

Crater Texture Wedding Rings in Silver, Set of 2 rings
                                                available here


If H2B is looking for something out of this world then have a look at this Meteorite ring. This is a stunning alternative to the traditional gold or platinum band and comprises of copper, titanium, gibeon meterorite and iron wood.

Meteorite Ironwood Copper and Titanium Ring
                                                available here


In a nod to my celtic roots I found this beautiful 18k White Gold and Palladium knot band. The knots on this hand-carved ring are sculpted in the round which gives them a wonderful three dimensional feel.

Celtic Knot Band in 18K White Palladium Gold Narrow Size 6, 4.5mm wide
                                                 available here

So what do you think? Would you take a chance a buy your wedding rings online?

1 comment: