Wed in London - City Wedding Blog

Wednesday 2 November 2011

The Proposal...

...the story all the girls what to know!

Its not hugely awe-inspiring and certainly won't make the cut for the most romantic proposal of all times, but to me it was just perfect! It was Sunday 2nd October 2011 ( I'll always remember the date as its my mom's birthday) in Richmond Park. I had been rowing several times a week in training for a race the following weekend. Our schedules had been a bit hectic since I had gone back to work after maternity leave mid September, and with me trying to fit in work, baby and training, poor Grant was last in the queue. But he insisted that I take that Sunday off training and all three of us would do something together. Grant suggested a picnic in Richmond Park which was perfect as it was one of those random hot Indian-summer days that we had recently, and Richmond Park is so close to us.

So off we went ...me, Grant, Aoife and a car full of things you need to cart around with you when you go anywhere with a baby! We found a lovely spot to plonk ourselves on the grass and watched the world go by until he popped the question!

Everyone has asked me if I was surprised - yes, definitely! I knew we would get married at some stage but I didn't think Grant would want to propose yet. A lot has happened to us in the past year...moving twice, buying and renovating a house and of course the arrival of mini-me, so I honestly thought he'd want the quiet life for another year or so.

So here we are, four weeks into our engagement, one minor bridezilla strop already, and planning our wedding for Spring 2013.


Post proposal in Richmond Park!

1 comment:

  1. Awwwso lovely.
    I just came across your blog when looking at the You and Yours forum - looking for posts about London based weddings. I'm in a really similar position to you - got engaged on friday 4th November and are planning on having the wedding in spring 2013. I also want a london city wedding. I'll be really interested to read about your progress and it would be great to chat about our finds!
    I also write a blog- http://www.asensesublime.blogspot.com it's not wedding related but I will be posting some wedding things - including the proposal story!

    Best wishes
    Christina x

    ReplyDelete