Wed in London - City Wedding Blog

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Diamonds and Pearls

I am being asked a lot recently if I have thought about a theme or a colour scheme for our wedding. There has been no further talk of the alternative venue owned by G's family friend, so I'm going ahead on the presumption that The Amadeus is still our first choice. We should be seeing one of the caterers next to go over a sample menu and talk about budget in more detail, after having to cancel our last meeting as both Aoife and myself were ill. I'm hoping this will give our planning a bit of a kick-start as I feel like its been on hold whilst we are waiting to speak with the caterer.

With all of this in mind I've been looking at photos of different weddings at The Amadeus in the hope that it will inspire a theme to my mind. The Amadeus is very much a blank canvas venue but it really comes alive with the lighting and styling provided by Red Cat Lighting. It is also an indoor-only venue. There is no outside space and has little natural light (sounds random I know, but its actually a former chapel). A rustic, country chic theme isn't going to work here so I think we should play on the urban feel of the venue.  So using twinkling fairy lights, white muslin drapes and glittering light curtains as my inspiration, together with my complete obsession for pearls, I've begun to dream of a Diamonds & Pearls theme...


Pearl Necklaces Picture: The Sunny B
Open Toe Sandals: Emmy Shoes
Champagne Picture: The Amadeus
Pearl Encrusted Wedding Dress: Priscilla of Boston
Pearl Lamp: A Bit Of Bees Knees
Wedding Cake: Raw Photo Design via The Pretty Blog
Reception Venue: The Amadeus
Glitter Eye Shadow: Hum Fashion
Pearl Hairband: Etsy
Diamond & Pearl Bouquet: Wedding Muse
Diamond & Pearl Ring: Rings OL
Pearl Chandelier: Casa Sugar
Swarovski Crystal Shoes: Etsy

I'm getting completely carried away with this idea now! I am imagining the bridesmaids in simple pink gold dresses and draped in pearls, either a crystal brooch or simple white floral bouquet and glamming it up in the evening with sparkling eye makeup. My only concern is that if I go overboard with the fairy lights and glitter the whole thing could look very Christmasy. Not a good look for March!

What do you think? Can this theme work in the springtime? In an attempt to include G in as much of the planning as possible, I broached this with him last night but he looked at me like I was talking complete gibberish! I think its fair to say that some elements of a wedding are best left to the girls.

Advice and thoughts appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds beautiful! I def think this can work for a spring wedding, especially if you combine all the sparkle with plenty of flowers, perhaps in shades of white and cream with silvery green foliage. I would keep things quite clean, minimalist and simple myself, to reflect the urban location and stop things from looking too OTT.

    I love fairy lights, don't think you can go wrong with them TBH. They can look quite ethereal and magic. When I visited our venue the other day another wedding was setting up and they had clusters of long silver twigs in galvanised buckets all lit up with led fairy lights and it looked incredible.

    Loveaudrey xxx

    ReplyDelete