Wed in London - City Wedding Blog

Friday 2 December 2011

The Actor's Church

I thought I was dead set on Marylebone Registry Office as the venue for our ceremony until I stumbled across St Paul's, aka The Actors Church, in Covent Garden this week. I've passed by this church a million and one times over the last few years but its amazing how you start to look at venues and buildings differently once you're planning a wedding.


The Actors Church is in the heart of the Covent Garden piazza and I love the fact that it's courtyard stands as a quiet little oasis surrounded by the hustle and bustle of the West End.


Photographs from The Actors Church



 Photographs © David Long Photography via Rock My Wedding

We want to make our wedding as much about London and our life here as we can and I can't think of a better way then by marrying in such a iconic location as Covent Garden. I also should mention that this is the church where Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale were wed!

I've not broached this with G yet...I'm going to wait to catch him in a good mood over the weekend!

What do you think? Would you like to get married in central London? Or is thought or being surrounded by tourists a complete nightmare to you?!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! And personally I think the idea of having your own 'wedding haven' in amongst the hustle and bustle of Covent Garden would make the day really memorable. To have your own little piece of London for the day filled with your guests and the atmosphere of your wedding would be very special and very beautiful to look on to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the idea of it being right in the middle of one of the busiest parts of London. I will have to speak to the church before I get any more excited. We're hoping to get married on Easter Saturday so I imagine they will already be very busy with Easter celebrations so may not do weddings over the Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete